Monday, April 7, 2014

Appreciation Day for my good fortune

My book is dedicated to all my friends who have been with me over the last ten to twenty years. They allowed me to pick their brains and arrange access where needed, and encouraged me on this journey.
 It is also dedicated to the friends, families, children, and colleagues who I will never meet, but can certainly empathize with my cause, and who are looking for a better more satisfying way to enhance their lives through the youth sports journey.
THANK YOU: To everyone involved in this project. I would like to say thank you and give my heartfelt appreciation for all you have contributed to this endeavor. To mention all the people associated with this project would take up an entire new chapter in the book. I hope you know how much you contributed and how appreciative and thankful I am that you found time from your busy lives to help me and the children bring this to fruition.
There are three people who I would like to name. Kathleen Stanley has read and helped edit this book four times. My most important accomplishments in my life are directly related to her loyalty and trustworthiness. I feel way more strongly about her than this project. Words on a page do not seem enough to tell her I love her more now than the day I married her. She makes me a better person.
She gave me a wonderful son, Clayton, who has been instrumental in the writing of this book with suggestions and stories of his journey through youth sports.
She also gave me my daughter Molly. She is like having technical support 24/7 speaking in a language I understand, and fixing problem after problem with unbelievable patience for her father. Molly has edited the book, re-read it eight times, and then, when all seemed lost to me, right near the end, when I could not figure out how to upload this manuscript, she once again came through in the clutch. I really am blessed to be so fortunate to have a daughter who is gifted, thoughtful, and patient. I look at her with such pride and appreciation as to her journey in life, and I want to share with the world what she means to me. Thank you Molly
Their journey through youth sports was a key inspiration for writing this book and the video interviews I have done.
Thank you all. Peace. VJ



No comments:

Post a Comment