Sunday, June 2, 2013

The Ultimate Pond Hockey Game

Dear Mr. Bettman
Re: NHL All Star game
Here is my idea for your future NHL All Star game.
Since hockey is the fastest game in the world and the only game that has artificial extensions of all four limbs that talent should be showcased. Speed, skill and team work. As it stands now the N.H. L. All-Star game is like having thoroughbreds moving like they were plow horses. They go so slow during he game that any resemblance to the great speed showcased every night in the H.H.L. is lost on any viewer just turning in for the first time
As for those of us who watch the N.H.L. on a regular basis, we have ALL played pond hockey. When our competitive playing days were over, we longed for the days of the purity and FUN of pickup games.
So my suggestion to you, is to embrace the beauty, grace, and speed of playing hockey into something all of us can relate to and even the professional athletes  I have interviewed smile about, pickup games are the best. Here is what I call the future of the N.H.L. All-Star game.
The Ultimate Pond Hockey game. The game would be played 3 on 3. There would be no penalties called that would be served. Any penalty would result in a penalty shot. There would be 21 skaters on each team and three goalies. There would be two forwards and one defenseman on each “line.”They would rotate equally throughout the game.
The game could be played outdoors to make it even more like a pond hockey game.
In return for this idea I would the NHL to arrange to have Wayne Gretzky and Sidney Crosby, through video tape endorse my book: Stop the tsunami in Youth Sports, and my project, bringing Fun back to youth sports. I would like to be interviewed before the ALL Star game starts from our local NBC affiliate here in Rochester N.Y. about my idea for this game and my book.
Ryan Callahan and Brian Gionta have done videotaped interviews with me.

                                                                                                                        Thank you
                                                                                                                        V.J. Stanley
My website is frozenshorts.com (for all the kids who sit on the bench needlessly)



No comments:

Post a Comment